Five Ways To Live On Less Than What You Make
Having enough money to pay the bills, with some left over, is an attainable goal. The key is to find ways to live on less than what you make, so you are able to put money aside for an emergency or a rainy day. It might seem like an impossible task, but cutting back on extras can be done, and in most instances it can be done without changing your lifestyle.
Five ways to live on less than what you make, which will free up some of your money for savings or a much needed home or auto repair include:
- Clip coupons and search online sites for discounts on items you use on a regular basis. We have all seen or heard a story of someone that saves big by using coupons, but the key is to use them for things you normally buy. If you clip a coupon simply to see the savings, but it is for something you don’t use, there is no real savings. But, using coupons in conjunction with grocery store rewards cards or other savings methods will put extra money in your pocket.
- Monitor the temperature in your home. The difference you feel from adjusting your thermostat a degree or two is insignificant, but can make a difference on your monthly bill. If you have the option to average your bill with your utility company, do so. Paying an average amount each month will not only save you money, but will also help you to prepare a budget by knowing in advance how much your bill runs on a regular basis.
- Have movie night at home rather than going out every weekend. By staying in one weekend a month, you can save close to $100 per month.
- Carpool to work or take public transportation if possible.
- Shop at thrift stores or start up a “clothes swap” with your friends and neighbors.
When you are able to control the amount of money you spend in a way that saves each month, the anxiety of living paycheck to paycheck quickly disappears. Having a nest egg for an emergency gives you the kind of peace of mind money can’t buy, and puts you in the best position for financial success. However, we understand life happens and sometimes circumstances can get the best of you. You do have options if you are facing overwhelming debt, and we can help figure out which option best meets your needs. Loan modifications, workouts, or bankruptcy may be the answer you need. Call us today to learn more.
For more information about bankruptcy, contact us at www.DsouzaLegalGroup.com. We will help by coming up with solutions that work for you.