It seems everywhere you turn these days people have gone “green”. Catchy slogans like “reduce, reuse, and recycle” show up on just about everything and the push for environmentally friendly products is at an all-time high. Recycling does more than just save the earth though, it can really help you to use less and save. The idea of recycling has reached such gigantic proportions, that many businesses and companies are taking part, to do their part.
An article on Virgin’s website offers these tips on recycling, and how they can actually save you money:
- Ask your city if the recycling bin you set at your curb for pick up every trash day comes with any incentives. Some cities and towns are now offering vouchers for recycling, which can be used at local eateries or shops.
- If you can take bottles and cans in for cash, do it!
- Shopping second hand can save you money, plus you get the added benefit of being able to recycle your own goods when you go to the store. So, go clean out our closet and take clothes you aren’t wearing anymore to a consignment shop. You’ll get paid, and just might find a hidden treasure while you are there, saving money on your clothing budget.
- When it comes to gift giving, reuse gift bags or use an old piece of scrap fabric for wrapping paper.
- Rather than invest in pricey food storage containers, save empty ones for leftovers.
If you adopt just a few of these habits, you will be surprised at how fast you can save money. And, most people find doing these little things becomes a way of life and is fun. The money you save can go towards paying down debt, putting funds aside, or replacing the worn tires on your car with cash rather than credit. For more money saving tips, and for advice on what to do if you have too much debt, call our office. We can help you get out of debt, save for the future, and stay out of debt!
If you need help with your budget, contact our office. Call a Plantation, Florida debt relief attorney today for more information and learn how recycling can help you save money, as well as other helpful money tips.